At The Writing Center of Princeton, we teach your student to become a more persuasive, confident, and polished writer. We offer a personalized approach and guided practice using research-based techniques and real school assignments. Our strategies have been tested with over 3,000 students.
Our goal is to provide students with:
- The skills needed to analyze, synthesize, and respond in different written genres
- User-friendly frameworks that encourage original thinking, close reading, and connecting core texts to contemporary concerns
- Writing guides tailored to specific disciplines
Emphasis in each lesson is on:
Target areas in the tutoring session may include:
- Developing a point of view
- Critical thinking exercises
- Analyzing and interpreting texts
- Comparing and contrasting texts
- Developing a persuasive argument
- Using textual evidence
- Research skills, including evaluating evidence from secondary sources
- Easy-to-use tips for managing citations, footnotes, and bibliographies
- Refining diction, grammar, and sentence structure
At the end of our work together, each student is provided with a personalized toolkit of techniques useful for future writing assignments.
Each lesson is designed in response to the client's particular needs. All forms of instruction are also available via Skype.